Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The day finally arrives...

We found out today where we are moving to this summer...

ST. LOUIS!

I've been online for the past few hours just looking up stuff to do there. It looks like there is lots of fun stuff, so I'm excited! We are going with some good people too, so we should have a good time. Wanna come visit??



3 Shout Outs!:

Mel said...

Hey Carly! So you guys are headed to St Louis huh? That will be so much fun! I actually liked it there more than I thought!

Last summer we had a LOT of wives/kids in our office so we didn't go out as much as I would have liked but for sure some of the things that you HAVE to do while you're there is...

1. Go to the Botanical Gardens! AMAZING!

2. Go to the zoo

3. Go to the arch (of course!)

4. Riverboat cruise

5. We drove to Nauvoo one weekend (we left @ about 11 pm on saturday night & got to Nauvoo around 2 am. Stayed in a hotel & got up the next morning & toured! Some of the stuff isn't open on sunday but most of it was! Also the hotels were extremely cheap! There was 7 of us that went & stayed in a big hotel room that slept 1O & it was only about $2O per couple!)

6. Take a carriage tour of the city (Not too expensive & it takes you all along by the water front, arch, etc! SO fun!)

7. Go to a Cardinals game! (or SEVREAL!) IF you like baseball! We LOVE MLB games so we had a blast doing that!

8. The FAVORITE thing we did while we were there was go to CITY MUSEUM!!!! I am SO mad that we didn't discover this place until RIGHT before we went home but it is a MUST!!!! Take your husbands with you! They stay open on weekends until 1 or 2 am! It is seriously SO much fun there! It's unlike ANYTHING you've ever seen! UNREAL! (Make sure you wear clothes that you don't care about getting too dirty & something you won't get too hott in & something make sure you wear tennis shoes!)

We lived kind of far away from the city so that was nice in some ways but in some ways it sucked too bc there wasn't a lot of stuff to do when the boys got home but it was an extremely safe neighborhood so that was nice bc we DID have so many families with us! (We had 18+ kids!)

Also if you go back to the 2OO8 archives in my blog & keep going back a few pages there are pictures of ALL of this stuff that I listed on here! Then you can get a better idea of what it was like!

If you have ANY more questions I'd be MORE than happy to answer them for you! Also if your husband has any questions I'm sure my husband would help him out too!

Mel said...

P.S. Sorry that was SO long! ;)

Nicole said...

Carly- she had some great things I would add a few more church history sites if you have time...Liberty jail is there, Adamondiaomand (I know that is totally spelled wrong) far west and hauns mill. The Zoo is awesome. There is also this outdorr theather which does musicals called the muny it is awesome. Do downtown but I have to warn you it is a dirty city. There are a ton of things to do though. Hey check out my blog- belikeyourself.blogspot.com