This is going to be a long random post. You can't say that I didn't warn you.
The past few weeks have been rather uneventful, which I guess could be a good thing. Nick's been working crazy hours, like most summers, but even more so this year. He leaves most mornings around 8am and then gets home between 10pm and midnight. He generally has enough energy when he gets home to eat, brush his teeth and fall into bed. As for me? I try to sleep as long as possible because then I have less time in the day to fill with the few things I do like working out, laying out, surfing the web, and cleaning (ha! right! only when absolutely necessary). I have made a few friends out here. They are other wives with nothing to do, just like me! We go shopping and swimming, well, mostly hot tubbing lately because of the "June Gloom", and I have taken up card making. Here is a pic of the first one I made. I gave it to Nick. The second one I made for my new niece Morgan. So Kel, you get a sneak peek of the package that I STILL need to send you. :)
Last week my parents sent us a package with a bunch of goodies in it. One of my favorite things inside was a window sill green house with Basil seeds! My Mommy is awesome! I grew my first Basil last summer in Charlotte and I loved it! This year, in our crummy apartments, (a story for next time) I have no balcony for plants and my Mom found the perfect solution. These are some pics for her, but everyone can enjoy.
After 4 days
After 7 days
Anyways, I was super excited!
I made this a few weeks ago for Nick. It's a countdown chain for when we get to go home, except I still need to add a month on the end. :(
After I made it I realized that it might not be such a great idea because when we look at it we think about how much longer we have to stay! Oh well, it took me a whole day. Which is a good thing. Some of the links have a "J" on them, and those days he gets to draw a goody from the Goody Jar! It gives him something positive to look forward to at the end of each day, besides coming home to me!
I have one last thing to blog about today and if you hate bugs, you can skip the pics. :) ONE of the AWFUL things about living in the apartments that we do (not by our choice) is the ant problem we are having. I threw away half of our food when I found them in our pantry! After I threw it away, and Nick cleaned up a little, I remembered to take pics, so I only have a couple.
Well, I think that's it for now. Oh! I can't figure out how to make all of the font on my blog the same size. I'm waiting for Nick to have a sec so he can look at it but, if you have any suggestions for me to try, leave a shout out.
10 years ago
3 Shout Outs!:
You're so cute Carly! I loved your post :) Way cute cards!! I'm totally jealous about your basil. I've attempted 3 times so far this year, but it isn't working :(
And I'm lost on your font issue - but how did you get your "comments" to say "shout outs"???
Very cute cards! Do you buy kits, or do you just do it all freestyle? I wish I had a crafty knack for things like that.
I'm so excited for Morgan to get her card. It's so cute! We missed you guys on Sunday and wished you could have been there. Good luck filling the time. Only a few more months.
Post a Comment