Monday, July 13, 2009

The 4th of July and family fun!

Last week was full of visitors! I love visitors! I took a lot of pictures! First our best friend, James came for a long weekend over the fourth. We went out to this mexican place for dinner one night and when we walked in the door there was this Elvis impersonator singing to the crowd. We had to walk thru his "stage" to take a seat. It was so embarrassing!
The next day we hit up the beach. We took a picnic lunch. This is Nick eating. :)
James laying out. Super white...
After telling him many times to put sunscreen on...super fried!
We needed to cool off so we headed to my favorite place. Yogurtland! It's awesome!
The next day was the fourth and we drove around Riverside, which was James' mission. We also hit up Transformers in IMAX at like midnight.
We sure look tired! It was a great movie though, and we didn't even miss the fireworks! We saw about 12 different shows from the freeway! :)

On Sunday, about 2 hours after James left, Nick's family pulled into town! We mostly hung out on Sunday and cooked dinner together. Monday morning Nick dropped me off at their hotel and I went with them to Disneyland. It was so much fun! I hadn't been there in such a long time so it was really neat to see all the things I loved as a little girl. On Tuesday Nick got to come with us for day 2 at Disneyland and California Adventure. Shy being Shy...:)

Waiting to get on Space Mountain for Nick's first time!

The Tower of Terror! If you look at my face you can see it really was terrifying! Apparantly I make some awesome faces on some of these rides. Most of us couldn't wait to look at my face after each ride.Kissy face.

Doug's bum after going on a water ride. Everyone laughed so hard after seeing this while leaving the ride! He doesn't know I took this picture! Love you Doug!
On the train ride around the park.

We were so dead tired by the end of day 2! You can see for yourself :)

Some pictures of the Light Parade at the end of the night.

The next morning we all headed to the beach! The kids had a ton of fun playing in the freezing water. After that we headed home to shower and they brought part of the beach home! My tub is still clogged! They even found little weird sand crabs in their suits! After a quick trip to Yogurtland they headed home. Thanks Doug, Jodi, Jacks, Shy and Kessler for taking time to come play with us! We sure enjoyed it! We love you guys!

2 Shout Outs!:

Ivy said...

Yay, visitors!! Cute pictures too. It looks like you had a lot of fun. And, yay - time with the hubby too!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the great time in California. I'm glad we had the opportunity to come and see you. It was so much fun. I didn't know you took the but shot.